Below, you will find a quick overview of the HippoCamp schedule and format for 2018; this is subject to change. (Also, speakers and sessions will continue to be added throughout February and March as the program comes together.)
Saturday is the heart of HippoCamp and the longest day. (That’s why we’re feeding you breakfast and lunch!) Aside from full-group sessions (meals, panels), there are breakout sessions — usually four to each time slot. On Sunday, the final day of the creative nonfiction conference, we come together as one group again; and the focus of the day is on engaging panels.
Throughout the conference enjoy:
- Exhibits: Meet vendors with products and services that fit writers
- Book sale: Grab a title penned by our keynoters, panelists and other HippoCamp guests
- Lit swap: Find info about publishing opps, events, and other handouts form your fellow attendees
- Meals and snacks: We’ll keep you hydrated and feed you well
- Each other: Informal networking opportunities
What’s different than last year? More speakers. More sessions. More time.
New this year is more choices on Sunday; we’re still coming together for flash sessions, a publishing panel, and a closing speaker, but the morning will also have breakout sessions to give you more variety! And some of the topics Sunday are a direct result of conference survey feedback! Also new this year is a Story Slam! And, changes we’re keeping: In 2017, thanks to conference feedback, we extended breakout sessions from 45 minutes to 60 minutes; we’re keeping that this year. In 2016, we brought Flash Sessions into the mix, and we’re bringing them back again this year, which means more speakers and more passion for CNF!